- Polysilicon News
1366 Technologies to ramp first direct wafer factory in Malaysia
U.S.-based start-up 1366 Technologies is “near completion” of its first factory for wafers directly formed from molten silicon and expects to ramp it “no later than Q3 2019,” the company has announced in a press release.
The factory is located next to the cell and module production facilities of 1366’s long-standing collaboration partner Hanwha Q Cells in Cyberjaya, Malaysia, and will directly supply Hanwha’s production lines.
1366 did not provide any information on the production capacity of the new factory, but only speculated about “the cornerstone for a multi-GW-scale production facility – provided that the initial footprint meets key performance criteria.” In 2018 the company cancelled a 250 MW factory in upstate New York.
In response to the rapid wafer price decline, 1366 is accelerating the development of its 3D wafer, a 100 to 120 µm thin wafer with thicker borders to limit breakage. With the 3D wafer, the company is targeting a silicon consumption of less than 1.5 grams per watt and production costs of less than $0.20 per wafer (approx. $0.04/W at a cell efficiency of 20%).
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment