Adani and China’s East Hope Group aiming for factory in India
The Indian logistics conglomerate Adani and the Chinese industrial giant East Hope Group have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to invest $300 million in manufacturing units for “solar power generation equipment, chemicals, aluminium and animal feed” at the Mundra Special Economic Zone in the Indian state of Gujarat.
While Adani has put its plan for polysilicon production on hold, East Hope is currently ramping up a polysilicon plant with an annual capacity of 15,000 metric tons in Xinjiang, China. The envisaged factory in Mundra could possibly use polysilicon from East Hope to produce wafers for Adani’s 1.2 GW solar cell and module plant at the same location.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend