- Polysilicon News
Another record high for Chinese polysilicon imports in September
With a volume of 17,628 metric tons (MT) in September, polysilicon imports into China reached the second record high in a row after they had hit 16,141 MT in August.
Bernreuter Research sees two reasons for the 9.2% increase month over month:
1) According to the Silicon Branch of the China Non-ferrous Metals Industry Association, domestic polysilicon production in September declined by 500 MT compared to August, due to the annual maintenance of four plants.
2) PV end demand in China is still robust. Should indications come true that an expected cut of feed-in tariffs for distributed PV systems in China in early 2018 could lead to an end-year installation rally, Bernreuter Research would adjust its 2017 installation forecast of 52 GW for China upwards.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment