Bankrupt Solland Silicon (formerly MEMC Merano) up for auction
The Court of Bolzano (Italy) has announced that it intends to sell the property of bankrupt Solland Silicon Srl in a single batch at an auction in Bolzano on May 25, 2017.
Solland Silicon’s parent company Pufin Power Group acquired the polysilicon plant of MEMC Electronic Materials Spa, a subsidiary of SunEdison Semiconductor located in Merano, in December 2014. Solland Silicon planned to ramp up the plant again, which has been dormant since December 2011, to an annual capacity of 4,800 metric tons by June 2015; however, the plan was not implemented.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend