Bernreuter expects 120 GW PV market, no polysilicon glut in 2018
pv magazine has posted its annual polysilicon and wafer manufacturers ranking online. The article is filled with market data and assessments from both IHS Markit and Bernreuter Research.
In a preliminary analysis, Bernreuter Research has run three supply-demand scenarios for 2018 with global PV installations of 110, 115, and 120 gigawatts (GW) respectively. The first two end up with polysilicon oversupply while the polysilicon market would largely be balanced in the third case.
Bernreuter Research expects a 120 GW PV market, with approximately 65 GW of new installations in China, which has developed into a huge backstop market for the Chinese solar industry.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend