Chemicals from Wacker’s U.S. polysilicon plant injure five workers
A chemical release at Wacker’s polysilicon plant near Charleston, Tennessee (USA) caused burns to five workers on August 30. Local media reports differ on whether the chemical was (mono)silane or chlorosilane. The workers were taken to hospitals.
Already in October 2016, a small chemical leak occurred at a distillation column of the plant; however, no injuries happened.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend