- Polysilicon News
China-based Tongwei builds another 25,000-ton polysilicon plant
After announcing the construction of a new polysilicon plant with an annual production capacity of 25,000 metric tons (MT) at the site of its subsidiary Sichuan Yongxiang in Leshan in March, China-based Tongwei Group is planning to build another 25,000 MT polysilicon plant in Baotou, Inner Mongolia by 2018.
With the new plant, Tongwei intends to challenge OCI and Wacker in the field of high-quality polysilicon for monocrystalline solar cells. While Tongwei still has to prove this claim, South Korean OCI could soon be in a difficult place if the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (Mofcom) raises the duties on polysilicon imports from South Korea in November. Tongwei's expansion and GCL-Poly’s new polysilicon project in Xinjiang make this appear more likely.
- Inner Mongolia
- Ministry of Commerce
- production capacity
- South Korea
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment