Chinese industry association confirms polysilicon overcapacity
The Silicon Branch of the China Non-ferrous Metals Industry Association (CNMIA) expects that polysilicon oversupply will intensify through 2019 or longer, Patrick Ryan reports in his blog.
According to CNMIA, polysilicon production capacity in China is slated to reach 350,000 metric tons in 2018. The warning of oversupply is in line with the assessment from Bernreuter Research in its Polysilicon Market Outlook 2020.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend