- Polysilicon News
Chinese polysilicon producers intensify cut-throat competition
GCL-Poly Energy Holdings and Tongwei Group have announced production capacities that are larger than originally planned for their new polysilicon factories.
GCL-Poly said in an announcement issued on October 28 that the capacity of the new-built facilities in Xinjiang will increase from 40,000 metric tons (MT) originally expected to 60,000 MT now and that test production will start.
Tongwei declared in a statement issued on October 22 that its new plant in Inner Mongolia will start operation on October 30 and will have a capacity of 30,000 MT, instead of 25,000 MT originally planned. The same upgrade applies to Tongwei’s new plant in Sichuan starting up in December.
The announcements come at a time when oversupply has already sent the spot price to a record low of $10/kg. The logical result will be severe cut-throat competition. Both GCL and Tongwei have expressed the intention to replace imports. This is a hidden declaration of war against the major polysilicon importers OCI and Wacker.
- production capacity
- spot price
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment