- Polysilicon News
Daqo becomes big polysilicon player with capacity of 70,000 tons
Daqo New Energy, the third-largest polysilicon manufacturer in China, has announced it will increase the production capacity of its plant in Shihezi, Xinjiang by a further 35,000 metric tons (MT). The company will thus reach a total capacity of at least 70,000 MT in early 2020.
The new expansion project, dubbed Phase 4A, is slated to come on stream in the fourth quarter of 2019 and to ramp up to full capacity in the first quarter of 2020. Daqo expects a capital expenditure of RMB3.2 billion, which translates into an extremely low specific capex of $14.37/kg.
The company is currently expanding its capacity by 12,000 MT (Phase 3B). Originally scheduled for completion by the end of 2019, the project has now been accelerated to be executed by the end of 2018.
Daqo’s current nameplate capacity is 18,000 MT, but effective capacity has already reached 23,000 MT. Phase 4B, which has not been scheduled yet, will comprise another 35,000 MT and lift the company’s capacity beyond 100,000 MT.
With the massive expansion, Daqo responds to the strong demand for polysilicon that can be used for monocrystalline wafers. The company is one of very few Chinese manufacturers that are able to provide the required high purity.
- capital expenditure
- production capacity
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment