- Polysilicon News
Daqo continues to ride the wave of low polysilicon prices
With record-low production costs and a positive EBITDA margin of 24.6%, China-based polysilicon manufacturer Daqo New Energy defied the low polysilicon prices in the first quarter.
The company achieved a new record with total production costs of $7.42/kg and cash costs (excluding depreciation) of $6.20/kg. Despite a low average selling price of $9.55/kg, this was enough to reach a gross profit of $18.3 million and an EBITDA of $20 million in the first quarter.
Daqo’s production volume of 8,764 metric tons (MT) also hit a new quarterly record. The annualized effective production capacity has thus increased to slightly more than 35,000 MT whereas the company still quotes a nominal capacity of 30,000 MT.
Following the trend to monocrystalline solar modules and leaving Chinese competitors behind, Daqo increased the share of mono-grade polysilicon in its output to 80% in April.
According to CEO Longgen Zhang, other Chinese players have experienced delays with ramping up their new production capacities. Zhang commented: “These new capacities are generally unable to immediately produce high-quality mono-grade polysilicon due to quality issues.”
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment