Daqo to expand its polysilicon production capacity by 12,000 tons
The streak of new Chinese polysilicon capacities continues. Daqo New Energy has announced that it will expand the capacity of its plant in Xinjiang by 7,000 metric tons (MT) by the end of 2018 and "may be able" to further increase its capacity by 5,000 MT through debottlenecking by the end of 2019.
Daqo’s current nominal capacity is 18,000 MT; its actual capacity, however, amounts to 21,000 MT. Hence, the new capacity will reach approx. 33,000 MT in late 2019.
The expansion project is aiming at electronic-grade quality for monocrystalline solar wafers and semiconductor wafers. Moreover, Daqo is targeting total production costs (obviously including depreciation) of only $7.50/kg for the whole Xinjiang plant after the expansion has been completed.
- production capacity
- Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend