Equipment provider Virasa re-emerges as Savi Research
Virasa Technologies, Inc., an unsuccessful provider of monosilane-based polysilicon production technology, seems to have re-emerged as Savi Research, Inc. Virasa was founded by former MEMC sales director Sanjeev Lahoti in 2008.
Savi’s web site was registered on May 5, 2017, but no responsible person has been named. However, the street address is the same as that of Virasa. Moreover, several patents are mentioned, whose inventors are Sanjeev Lahoti and Vithal Revankar. The company name has presumably been formed from the first two characters of their first names.
Update on November 2, 2019: The web site of Savi Research is not accessible anymore.
Update on December 23, 2020: Sanjeev Lahoti died of a heart attack on October 26, 2020 – three days after his 56th birthday.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend