GCL-Poly and Zhonghuan Semiconductor intensify collaboration
GCL-Poly Energy Holdings, China’s largest polysilicon producer, has closed a framework agreement with Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor, a manufacturer of monocrystalline wafers, for collaboration in several areas.
GCL will invest in Zhonghuan’s Phase IV project for manufacturing monocrystalline silicon ingots; Zhonghuan will possibly take a stake in GCL’s wafer sawing factories and inject an undisclosed amount of further capital into GCL Xinjiang, the project company for GCL’s new polysilicon plant with a capacity of 40,000 metric tons under construction in Xinjiang.
GCL already announced in late June that Zhonghuan would acquire a 10% share in Xinjiang GCL.
- equity share
- production capacity
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
- Zhonghuan Semiconductor
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend