- Polysilicon News
GCL-Poly to increase cast mono wafer capacity to 15 GW by 2020
Leading China-based polysilicon and wafer manufacturer GCL-Poly Energy Holdings will ramp up its production capacity for cast mono (quasi-monocrystalline) ingots and wafers to 12 GW by the fourth quarter of 2019, the company announced at the presentation of its 2018 annual results on March 29.
According to Chinese media, GCL is planning to reach a cast mono capacity of 15 GW in the first quarter of 2020.
Cast mono ingots are produced like their multicrystalline counterparts through directional solidification of liquid silicon in a crucible, but by using monocrystalline seeds on the bottom.
The approach promises to combine the lower cost of multi-casting with the higher efficiency of monocrystalline cells. Reaching a high monocrystalline ingot yield has long been a challenge; GCL claims it has achieved a mono yield of 99%.
Besides the lower costs compared to monocrystalline ingots from the standard Czochralski process, the cast-mono approach also allows larger wafer sizes and solar modules with less light-induced degradation (LID), due to lower oxygen content.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment