GCL subsidiary: Polysilicon for semiconductors reaches volume
Jiangsu Xinhua Semiconductor Materials Technology Co., Ltd. says it has reached volume production of electronic-grade polysilicon for the semiconductor industry. The company is a joint venture between GCL-Poly’s polysilicon subsidiary Jiangsu Zhongneng (50.98%) and the China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund (49.02%).
According to a report from Science and Technology Daily, the official newspaper of the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology, Xinhua Semiconductor recently delivered polysilicon to domestic semiconductor wafer plants and also exported electronic-grade material to South Korea after the output was validated in a series of rigorous tests with customers. The company officially introduced its product in November 2017.
Xinhua Semiconductor’s plant in Xuzhou has an annual production capacity of 5,000 metric tons (MT). This would be enough to cover domestic demand, which experts estimate at 4,500 MT per year. The company is planning to add a second 5,000 MT line in the future.
- electronic grade
- Jiangsu Xinhua Semiconductor
- production capacity
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend