- Polysilicon News
GCL to close polysilicon plant in Jiangsu for new base in Sichuan
Within five days, leading China-based polysilicon and wafer manufacturer GCL-Poly Energy Holdings has announced the formation of two investment funds with a capital commitment of RMB3.35 billion and RMB5 billion, respectively; the total of RMB8.35 billion equals US$1.24 billion.
The proclaimed first investment purpose of promoting the “industrial transformation and upgrading” of GCL’s polysilicon subsidiary Jiangsu Zhongneng is misleading. More relevant is the second purpose: developing a new silicon production base in Leshan in the western province of Sichuan.
As Zhu Gongshan, chairman of GCL’s board of directors, told Chinese media, the company will invest RMB6 billion (US$893 million) in a high-purity polysilicon plant with a capacity of 60,000 metric tons (MT) in Leshan, which will replace Jiangsu Zhongneng’s existing factory in Xuzhou in the eastern province of Jiangsu. Almost all of GCL’s wafer capacity in Xuzhou will also be transferred to Leshan.
The city in southern Sichuan is already home to another polysilicon giant: Sichuan Yongxiang, a subsidiary of Tongwei, has a capacity of 50,000 MT.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment