- Polysilicon News
GCL’s new polysilicon plant in Xinjiang will start up in September
GCL-Poly Energy Holdings has confirmed reports that the first phase of its new polysilicon plant in Xinjiang with a capacity of 20,000 metric tons (MT) will start up in September.
In the announcement of its first half 2018 results issued on August 29, GCL reiterated that construction of the second 20,000 MT phase would be completed by the end of 2018 – although the first phase will come on stream three months later than previously announced.
The company also said that “the capacity of the polysilicon base in Xinjiang will increase from 40,000 tons to 50,000 tons without increasing the originally planned capital expenditure.” Supposedly, this will be achieved through debottlenecking and efficiency improvements.
GCL explained that the complete polysilicon output from the new plant would be used for monocrystalline wafers and thus “replace import products in the future.” Along with new low-cost, high-quality capacities of the Chinese manufacturers Tongwei and Daqo, Xinjiang GCL will also put other domestic plants under pressure, which only deliver polysilicon quality sufficient for multicrystalline wafers. Consequently, the average spot price will probably slide to below $11/kg.
- production capacity
- spot price
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment