Hemlock customer SolarWorld Industries Sachsen also insolvent
SolarWorld Industries Sachsen GmbH (formerly Deutsche Solar GmbH), a wholly owned subsidiary of SolarWorld AG and customer of polysilicon manufacturer Hemlock Semiconductor, has filed for insolvency proceedings, along with other SolarWorld subsidiaries, one day after SolarWorld AG filed for the same.
As a consequence, Hemlock Semiconductor will probably not see much, if any, of the US$793 million that it claims from a long-term supply contract broken by SolarWorld Industries Sachsen GmbH.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend