In-depth talk on polysilicon market at PV CellTech conference
On August 26, the second day of the PV CellTech 2021 online conference will feature an in-depth discussion of Finlay Colville, Head of Market Research at PV Tech and Solar Media Ltd., with polysilicon expert Johannes Bernreuter, Head of Bernreuter Research, on key market issues.
The exchange will cover the following topics:
- What is the current landscape for polysilicon production for PV? How much is now dominated by major players in China, and what has driven these changes?
- Pricing and availability of polysilicon has been a key issue since the middle of 2020. What factors have created the uptick in pricing? Is this shortage of supply or are there other factors that have created high pricing?
- There have been many announcements of new polysilicon capacity from Chinese companies in the past six months. How much is likely to come online during 2021 and 2022?
- GCL has remained a proponent of fluidized bed reactor (FBR) technology – what are the prospects for FBR production with the industry having moved now to higher efficiency solar wafer and cell production?
- The US/China trade climate has raised the issue globally on production in certain areas in China. How much is the PV industry reliant on raw materials from Xinjiang for example, and can supply chains be adjusted to avoid any potential tariffs imposed?
- Do you see any change in the next few years to China polysilicon companies growing market-share dominance for polysilicon supply to PV? What would cause this to change from current trends seen in the past few years?
To register, go to the conference website.
- fluidized bed reactor
- forced labor
- market share
- spot price
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend