Is REC Silicon’s Chinese FBR joint venture behind schedule?
Chinese competitors are raising doubts that TianREC, the joint venture (JV) between REC Silicon and Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Tianhong New Energy Co., Ltd., will start up polysilicon production in Yulin, Shaanxi province in 2017.
Daqo New Energy’s CEO Gongda Yao already said that REC’s project „has been delayed to next year“ at his company’s conference call on first quarter results in early May.
At an investor event of Deutsche Bank Research on October 13, GCL-Poly Energy Holdings followed with the statement that „the JV of REC and Shaanxi Tianhong also seems to be on hold.“
In contrast, REC Silicon announced at the presentation of its second quarter results in July that the first silane unit and corresponding fluidized bed reactors in Yulin would start up in the fourth quarter of 2017. The company will surely provide an update at the presentation of its third quarter results on October 30.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend