- Polysilicon News
Is REC Silicon’s Chinese FBR joint venture behind schedule?
Chinese competitors are raising doubts that TianREC, the joint venture (JV) between REC Silicon and Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Tianhong New Energy Co., Ltd., will start up polysilicon production in Yulin, Shaanxi province in 2017.
Daqo New Energy’s CEO Gongda Yao already said that REC’s project „has been delayed to next year“ at his company’s conference call on first quarter results in early May.
At an investor event of Deutsche Bank Research on October 13, GCL-Poly Energy Holdings followed with the statement that „the JV of REC and Shaanxi Tianhong also seems to be on hold.“
In contrast, REC Silicon announced at the presentation of its second quarter results in July that the first silane unit and corresponding fluidized bed reactors in Yulin would start up in the fourth quarter of 2017. The company will surely provide an update at the presentation of its third quarter results on October 30.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment