- Polysilicon News
Longi accelerates expansion of mono wafer capacity to 65 GW
China-based Longi, the world’s largest manufacturer of monocrystalline solar wafers, has announced it will more than double its ingot and wafer capacity from 28 GW at the end of 2018 to 65 GW by the end of 2021.
So far, Longi’s plan has been to reach an ingot and wafer capacity of 45 GW by the end of 2020. This target has now been scaled up to 50 GW.
Longi’s competitor Zhonghuan Semiconductor recently announced it would expand its monocrystalline wafer capacity to more than 50 GW, but did not provide a timeline for construction.
Longi is also aiming at huge production capacities of 20 GW for solar cells and 30 GW for modules by the end of 2021, up from 10 GW and 16 GW, respectively, at the end of 2019.
In 2018 Longi increased its revenues by 34.4% over the previous year to CNY21.99 billion (US$3.27 billion), thus achieving a net profit of CNY2.56 billion (US$380 million).
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment