- Polysilicon News
Longi secures additional polysilicon through contract with Daqo
After closing a supply contract with South Korean polysilicon maker OCI in early February, leading Chinese monocrystalline wafer, cell and module manufacturer Longi Green Energy Technology has signed another contract for the delivery of high-purity polysilicon, namely with Chinese polysilicon producer Daqo New Energy.
While the contract with OCI comprises the delivery of 64,638 metric tons (MT) from OCI's Malaysian subsidiary over three years from March 2018 through February 2021, the agreement with Daqo entails shipments of 39,600 MT from April 2018 through December 2020. Daqo will receive an upfront prepayment.
Longi has also secured a 15% stake in Sichuan Yongxiang New Energy Technology Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Tongwei Group, which is building a 25,000 MT polysilicon plant in Leshan, Sichuan province, slated to come on stream by the end of 2018.
Longi is planning to triple its wafer production capacity from 15 GW at the end of 2017 to 45 GW by the end of 2020.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment