- Polysilicon News
A look inside the monocrystalline boom on the solar market
pv magazine has published a background report on the surge of monocrystalline technology, driven by the two leading Chinese mono wafer manufacturers Longi and Zhonghuan Semiconductor.
Quoting independent analyst Corrine Lin, the report says that monocrystalline technology made up 28% of global wafer supply in 2017 whereas the share in China is estimated at 40%, which would be equivalent to approx. 21 GW of mono products. This amount can only in part be explained by China’s “Top Runner” program for installations with high-efficiency modules as its 2017 target was only 5.5 GW.
The forecasts for the global mono share in 2018 vary:
- 40%: Corrine Lin (PV InfoLink);
- 42%: 2018 International Technology Roadmap for Photovoltaics;
- 49%: PV Tech Research.
If the overall PV market does not grow strongly enough, a price war between mono and multicrystalline technologies is likely.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment