- Polysilicon News
Longi signs fourth big polysilicon supply deal, this time with Xinte
Unimpressed by the current slump of demand, leading monocrystalline solar wafer manufacturer Longi has underpinned its rapid capacity expansion by signing a contract with Chinese manufacturer Xinte Energy for the delivery of 90,080 metric tons (MT) of polysilicon from January 2019 through December 2021.
It is the fourth major polysilicon supply contract that Longi has concluded since the beginning of this year. In early February the company struck a deal with South Korean polysilicon manufacturer OCI for the delivery of nearly 65,000 MT from March 2018 through February 2021. A 39,600 MT contract with Daqo New Energy followed in early April, with supply running from April 2018 through December 2020. In May Tongwei Group was contracted for the delivery of 55,000 MT of polysilicon between May 2018 and December 2020.
In total, the four contracts comprise a volume of more than 250,000 MT (see chart), which corresponds to an output of approx. 75 GW of monocrystalline wafers. Longi is planning to triple its wafer production capacity from 15 GW at the end of 2017 to 45 GW by the end of 2020.
- Xinte Energy
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment