Longi to reach 65 GW of mono wafer capacity already in late 2020
The leading manufacturer of monocrystalline solar wafers, China-based Longi Green Energy Technology, has announced it will accelerate the expansion of its wafer production capacity, thus reaching its target of 65 GW already by the end of 2020, one year ahead of schedule.
In the release of its first-half 2019 results, Longi said it shipped 2.148 billion pieces of monocrystalline wafers, a 183% increase over the prior-year period. The company quoted a projection from market researcher PV InfoLink that the market share of monocrystalline technology will increase to 62% in 2019.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend