- Polysilicon News
Misleading statements on Korean polysilicon imports into China
BusinessKorea reported on September 4 that polysilicon exports from South Korea in the second quarter of 2017 decreased by 25.5% versus Q2 2016, attributing the decline to political friction with China.
pv magazine countered with the opposite claim that Korean polysilicon imports into China in the second quarter of 2017 were 32% higher than in Q2 2016, but quoted a wrong number: The import value in Q2 2016 was not $200.2 million as stated, but $262.7 million – almost the same as the value of $263.4 million in Q2 2017, according to Chinese customs statistics.
In the seven months from January through July, however, the import value decreased from $599.8 million in 2016 by 3.5% to $578.7 million in 2017. The decline was due to lower prices as the import volume during these periods remained almost flat between 40,365 metric tons (MT) in 2016 and 40,129 MT in 2017. The chart above shows the monthly import values and volumes.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment