- Polysilicon News
New Chinese review of duties on polysilicon from USA and Korea
The Chinese Ministry of Commerce (Mofcom) has announced that anti-dumping and countervailing duties will continue to be imposed on imports of solar-grade polysilicon from the USA and South Korea while it will conduct a final review running through January 18, 2020. The announcement came one day before the expiry of the existing duties on January 19, 2019.
According to Mofcom, six Chinese polysilicon manufacturers, led by GCL-Poly’s subsidiary Jiangsu Zhongneng, applied on behalf of the Chinese polysilicon industry for the review on November 16, 2018. They argue that dumping of imported polysilicon from the U.S. and South Korea may continue or reoccur if the duties are terminated.
The move was to be expected in view of the massive capacity expansion of Chinese polysilicon manufacturers, who are aiming at substituting polysilicon imports.
Tariffs on polysilicon imports from South Korea range from 4.4% to 9.5% while those on imports from the U.S. are prohibitively high with rates between 55.4% and 59.1%.
An English translation of Mofcom’s two announcements is available in our collection of PDF Articles.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment