- Polysilicon News
New Saudi attempt to produce all from polysilicon to solar panels
Saudi Arabia’s National Industrial Clusters Development Program (NICDP) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with chemical conglomerate Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), South Korea’s OCI Company and China’s Longi Group to develop an integrated solar and carbon black production complex in the country.
The envisaged $2 billion complex would cover the complete PV value chain from polysilicon through to solar modules and also produce carbon black. Tariq Bakhsh, vice president at NICDP, said: “We plan to complete the feasibility study in the next six months, and maybe by the end of the year we will be identifying the shape and legal and financial structure of the project.”
OCI manufactures both polysilicon and carbon black while Longi covers the PV value chain from monocrystalline silicon ingots through to solar modules.
The only Saudi polysilicon manufacturer so far, Polysilicon Technology Company, shut down production in late 2016.
In October 2018 SABIC signed an MoU with German Schmid Group for establishing a joint venture dedicated to “advanced silicon material” and Schmid’s redox flow energy storage technology.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment