Polysilicon imports into China hit a new record high in June
With a volume of 14,816 metric tons (MT), polysilicon imports into China hit a new record high in June, according to data from customs statistics provided by the Silicon Branch of the China Non-ferrous Metals Industry Association.
Imports from South Korea amounted to 7,808 MT in June, followed by Germany (Wacker) with 3,666 MT. Total polysilicon imports in the first half of 2017 were 72,832 MT, of which 47.8% came from South Korea. For more background on polysilicon imports, see our press release.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend