Polysilicon maker Hemlock Semiconductor to lay off 100 workers
Hemlock Semiconductor, once the world’s largest polysilicon producer, pays the price for the fact that U.S.-based suppliers are effectively shut out of China, the biggest polysilicon market. The company has announced that it will lay off 100 employees at its plant in Michigan, most of them in the first quarter of 2018.
On inquiry of pv magazine, Bernreuter Research has commented on the decision. You will find the article in our collection of PDF Articles.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend