PV Tech predicts major shift to monocrystalline cells in 2018
Solar Intelligence, the market research arm of PV-Tech, forecasts that monocrystalline solar cells will jump to a market share of 49% in crystalline solar cell production in 2018 and will become the dominant technology by 2019.
This forecast may be somewhat controversial: For instance, the International Technology Roadmap for Photovoltaics expects a mono market share of 41% in 2019.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend