REC Silicon affirms production start of Chinese joint venture in Q4
Denying assertions of Chinese competitors, REC Silicon has affirmed that TianREC, its joint venture with Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Tianhong New Energy Co., Ltd., will start up production of (mono)silane and granular polysilicon in Yulin, Shaanxi province as planned in the fourth quarter of 2017.
At the presentation of his company’s third quarter results on October 30, CEO Tore Torvund said that the first fluidized bed reactor (FBR) would start operation using imported (mono)silane by November 3 and the plant’s first of two silane units would start by the end of 2017. The complete FBR plant with an annual capacity of 19,000 metric tons would be up and running by the end of the first quarter of 2018 – see the webcast at minute 34:25.
- fluidized bed reactor
- production capacity
- REC Silicon
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend