REC Silicon curtails production of solar-grade polysilicon in Butte
Still suffering from prohibitive duties on polysilicon imports from the United States into China, U.S.-based manufacturer REC Silicon has curtailed production of solar-grade polysilicon at its facility in Butte, Montana and will focus on electronic grade for the semiconductor industry there.
According to MTN News, headcount was reduced by 30 to 213 employees. REC’s polysilicon production capacity is approx. 18,000 metric tons (MT) in Moses Lake, Washington (fluidized bed reactors) and 3,500 MT in Butte (rod reactors). In 2016 REC produced 2,866 MT in Butte, of which 1,542 MT were solar grade and 1,324 MT electronic grade.
- electronic grade
- REC Silicon
- solar grade
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend