- Polysilicon News
REC Silicon’s FBR joint venture is late, expects 8,000 tons in 2018
TianREC, the Chinese joint venture of U.S. polysilicon manufacturer REC Silicon with Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Tianhong New Energy, started to ramp up production in Yulin, Shaanxi province in December 2017. The polysilicon plant is now slated to reach its full capacity of 19,300 metric tons (MT) by the end of 2018.
Back in 2015, start of production using fluidized bed reactor (FBR) technology was planned for mid-2017, with polysilicon volumes of 7,300 MT in 2017 and 16,300 MT in 2018.
At the presentation of REC Silicon’s 2017 fourth quarter results on February 9, however, CEO Tore Torvund said that the second of two silane units and corresponding fluidized bed reactors in Yulin would start up in Q2 2018 – one quarter later than he announced last October. Torvund provided a new polysilicon production target of 8,000 MT for TianREC in 2018 (see presentation slide).
Beside the FBR capacity of 19,000 MT, the plant has a small capacity of 300 MT using the standard Siemens process.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment