- Polysilicon News
Rumor: Duty on Korean polysilicon imports into China below 10%
On October 25, Taiwanese market researcher PVinsights mentioned the rumor that the future duties on polysilicon imports from South Korea into China would be set at a rate below 5%.
Now EnergyTrend has spread similar rumors that the duty rate would be lower than 5% for “the major polysilicon suppliers” and 5-10% for “other larger manufacturers” in South Korea.
So far, the duties on polysilicon imports from South Korea into China have been 2.4% for OCI, 2.8% for Hankook Silicon and 12.3% for other Korean companies; in fact, the only other Korean polysilicon producer that is still active is Hanwha Chemical.
On November 22, 2016, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (Mofcom) announced that it had started a mid-term review of the duties on imports from South Korea. The review was requested by Chinese polysilicon producers, who accused the Korean importers of dumping margins of 33% to 37%. In contrast, Chinese makers of monocrystalline wafers are interested in continuing supply of low-cost, high-purity polysilicon from South Korea.
Mofcom will probably publish its decision around November 22, 2017, one year after starting the review.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment