- Polysilicon News
Shift to diamond wire saws drives down polysilicon consumption
GCL-Poly Energy Holdings, the world’s largest maker of multicrystalline wafers, has completed its switch from slurry-based to diamond wire saws, according to Digitimes.
Diamond wire saws allow a much thinner wire than traditional slurry-based wire saws and thus reduce kerf loss significantly. Even with conservative assumptions on the market penetration of diamond wire saws, the specific silicon consumption will sink considerably as Bernreuter Research shows with a detailed scenario in its Polysilicon Market Outlook 2020.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment