Solar wafer makers accelerate switch to diamond wire saws
Many Chinese producers of multicrystalline solar wafers have accelerated their transition to lower-cost diamond wire slicing and will complete the switch by the end of 2017, Digitimes reports.
Along the same lines, REC Solar, a vertically integrated manufacturer of multicrystalline modules with a capacity of 1.4 GW in Singapore, has ordered diamond wire saws from equipment supplier Meyer Burger, with delivery scheduled for the third quarter of 2017.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend