- Polysilicon News
Solarworld files for insolvency for the second time in ten months
Only seven and a half months after emerging from insolvency proceedings in August 2017, German PV module producer Solarworld Industries GmbH has filed for insolvency again.
The company blames declining market prices and the impending expiry of the European minimum import price for modules from China for this step. In addition, Solarworld is hurt by the new U.S. import tariff of 30% on solar modules coming from most countries, which President Trump has imposed in the Section 201 trade case; unlike steel and aluminum, solar modules from the European Union are not exempted from the duty.
According to a report by the German news agency dpa, the first insolvency of Solarworld AG in May 2017 has damaged the reputation of the company; talented sales staff switched to the competition.
Solarworld AG had more than 3,000 employees before its insolvency. After the restart as Solarworld Industries GmbH, in which founder Frank Asbeck has a 51% stake and Qatar Solar Technologies the remaining 49%, the number shrank to 600.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment