- Polysilicon News
South Korea tries to get rid of China’s polysilicon import duties
The South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) has announced it will urge China to lift the anti-dumping duties on polysilicon imports from South Korea. According to Korean broadcaster KBS World Radio, MOTIE will send a letter with this request to “high-level Chinese leaders.”
KBS also reported that the ministry would raise the issue during an upcoming meeting of the committee on anti-dumping practices at the World Trade Organization (WTO) slated for April and at the Seoul International Forum on Trade Remedies in May.
On January 18, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (Mofcom) opened a final review of the anti-dumping and countervailing duties imposed on imports of solar-grade polysilicon from South Korea and the USA since July 2013.
Although the duty rates for South Korea’s polysilicon manufacturers OCI, Hankook Silicon and Hanwha Chemical are relatively low, the companies are suffering from the depressed polysilicon market price; a part of them are reportedly running at low capacity utilization.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment