- Polysilicon News
Strong demand drives Chinese polysilicon imports to next record
With a monthly volume of 16,141 metric tons (MT), polysilicon imports into China reached another record high in August.
Bernreuter Research sees two reasons for the sharp increase:
1) The high volume in August compensated for the weaker imports in July when the South Korean suppliers OCI and Hanwha Chemical carried out maintenance work at their plants. The average of the imports in July and August – 14,926 MT – is only slightly higher than the June record of 14,816 MT. (Reduced output of a few Chinese plants due to maintenance was compensated by new Chinese producers.)
2) The high import volume in August indicates that the value chain anticipated stronger PV end demand in September and/or build-up of new inventories to hedge against tight polysilicon supply.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment