- Polysilicon News
Success factors of monocrystalline technology in the PV market
An interesting background article of pv magazine illustrates the technological progress that has facilitated the current upswing of monocrystalline silicon in the PV market.
Additional technical details on the topic have been provided by Xiaodong (Bond) Wang in a LinkedIn post.
Main drivers for cost reduction in pulling monocrystalline ingots have been, among many other incremental improvements, a significantly increased pulling speed, the rechargeable Czochralski process (RCz, also known as multi-pulling) as well as larger crucibles and hot zones.
Regarding the claimed advantage of mono-PERC over multi-PERC solar cells in terms of light and elevated temperature-induced degradation (LeTID), however, new results from the field justify some doubts.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment