Success factors of monocrystalline technology in the PV market
An interesting background article of pv magazine illustrates the technological progress that has facilitated the current upswing of monocrystalline silicon in the PV market.
Additional technical details on the topic have been provided by Xiaodong (Bond) Wang in a LinkedIn post.
Main drivers for cost reduction in pulling monocrystalline ingots have been, among many other incremental improvements, a significantly increased pulling speed, the rechargeable Czochralski process (RCz, also known as multi-pulling) as well as larger crucibles and hot zones.
Regarding the claimed advantage of mono-PERC over multi-PERC solar cells in terms of light and elevated temperature-induced degradation (LeTID), however, new results from the field justify some doubts.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend