The top 10 posts from Bernreuter Research on LinkedIn in 2020
“Bad news is good news” – this saying was unfortunately true for the ten most popular posts from Bernreuter Research on LinkedIn in 2020.
Number 1, 3 and 6 in our top ten list dealt with accidents at the polysilicon manufacturers Xinjiang GCL, Daqo and Wacker. The shutdown of OCI’s solar-grade polysilicon plant in South Korea was not good news either (only for competitors); it covers two spots in the ranking (No. 5 and 8). The extension of Chinese duties on polysilicon imports from the U.S. and South Korea by another five years (No. 2) and REC Silicon’s plan to restart production in Moses Lake (No. 4) also attracted much attention.
Here is the complete list of our top ten posts, ranked by engagement rate (the sum of clicks, reactions, shares and comments, divided by the number of impressions) and weighted by the absolute amount of engagement for the respective post:
Thank you for your interest in 2020. We wish you a peaceful holiday season and a happy, healthy New Year. May we all get relief in the fight against Covid-19 and not forget the climate crisis before it gets even worse. Keep distance and stay safe!
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend