- Polysilicon News
U.S.-China trade agreement: polysilicon is only on the wish list
China has pledged to purchase an additional $200 billion worth of U.S. products and services, including $77.7 billion of manufactured goods, in 2020 and 2021 under the Phase 1 trade agreement signed by the two nations on January 15.
The list of manufactured goods includes solar-grade polysilicon, but the three U.S.-based producers Hemlock Semiconductor, Wacker and REC Silicon conceded that “any benefit for U.S. manufacturers and workers will depend on how China implements the agreement.”
In practice, the inclusion of polysilicon does not mean much more than a wish list as the 96-page trade agreement (see full text) leaves the high Chinese import duties on U.S. polysilicon untouched.
The litmus test will be on January 18 when the result of China’s final review of the polysilicon duties is due.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment