- Polysilicon News
Wacker: U.S. polysilicon plant shutdown will take several months
Wacker Chemie AG has issued a second press release on the explosion that occurred at its polysilicon plant near Charleston, Tennessee (USA) on September 7.
According to Wacker, the explosion “was caused by a technical defect prompting a leak of hydrogen which subsequently caught fire (…). As a result, damaged piping leaked chlorosilane (…).” The company expects that it will take several months until the plant is restarted.
Wacker’s communication policy has sparked harsh criticism in the local community.
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment