- Polysilicon News
Xinte planning 200,000-ton polysilicon plant in Inner Mongolia
Xinjiang-based polysilicon manufacturer Xinte Energy and its parent company TBEA have announced plans to build a new plant with a total production capacity of 200,000 metric tons (MT) in Baotou, Inner Mongolia. On February 8, Xinte signed an investment framework agreement for the project with the municipal government of Baotou and the regional government of the Tumd Right Banner.
According to Xinte and TBEA, the first phase will comprise an annual polysilicon production capacity of 100,000 MT and also 5 GW of wind and solar power plants in the region. The investment will amount to approx. CNY8 billion (US$1.24 billion).
In the second phase, which depends on the market development, Xinte is planning to add another 100,000 MT of polysilicon capacity and an additional 5 GW of wind and solar power plants; moreover, the company intends to integrate backward with a 200,000 MT silicon metal smelter to provide the feedstock for polysilicon.
Xinte says it has neither finished the feasibility study nor obtained construction approvals for the first phase of the project, but TBEA’s announcement indicates that construction will still start in 2021 and take 18 to 24 months. Bernreuter Research recently showed that Xinte has to expand its capacity by 2023 at the latest to fulfill its polysilicon sales contracts.
Xinte’s present 80,000 MT plant is located in Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang in western China. The company names “resource advantages provided by the regional governments” as reason for choosing the new location in Baotou. Competitor Tongwei is already running a polysilicon plant in the same city.
- Inner Mongolia
- production capacity
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
- Xinte Energy
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment