- Polysilicon News
Xinte to expand capacity of its polysilicon plant by 36,000 tons
The massive expansion wave in the Chinese polysilicon industry continues: Xinte Energy, China’s second-largest polysilicon manufacturer, has announced that it will implement a new polysilicon project with an annual production capacity of 36,000 metric tons (MT) at its existing plant in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in northwestern China.
Start of ramp-up is expected by the end of 2019.
While Xinte says the company’s total production capacity will increase to 66,000 MT, the actual number will be at least 76,000 MT, given the effective capacity of the existing plant.
Thanks to the expansion, Xinte will be able to run its captive, coal-fired 700 MW power plant at full utilization and thus further reduce its already low electricity costs.
According to Xinte, the investment for the project will amount to RMB4,065 million (US$641 million). This would be equivalent to a specific capital expenditure (capex) of only $17.80/kg. Tore Torvund, CEO of REC Silicon, which just completed a 19,000 MT polysilicon plant in China, recently said such low capex figures would be unrealistic.
- capital expenditure
- production capacity
- Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
- Xinte Energy
Get more information ...
- on the background and ranking of the world’s top ten producers: polysilicon manufacturers
- on the Siemens process, FBR technology and UMG silicon: polysilicon production processes
- on the application of polysilicon in semiconductors and solar cells: polysilicon uses
- on the size, shares and trends of the market and China’s role: polysilicon market analysis
- on the current polysilicon spot price, charts, price forecast and history: polysilicon price trend
Gain in-depth insight – with the Polysilicon Market Outlook 2024
- Benefit from 76 pages full of rich data, in-depth analyses and detailed forecasts on the polysilicon, solar and semiconductor industries
- Learn all about the latest developments of polysilicon manufacturing technologies (Siemens process, fluidized bed reactor, upgraded metallurgical-grade silicon)
- Obtain comprehensive data on production volumes and capacities of 42 solar-grade and electronic-grade polysilicon plants from 2016 through 2024
- Gain insight into decisive market trends, based on four sophisticated scenarios of supply and demand through 2024
- Get valuable guidance with cash cost data on 25 solar-grade polysilicon plants and spot price forecasts through 2024
Learn all about the polysilicon market
Add a comment